Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another VERY PRODUCTIVE sew-in




WOW, we just seem to out do and out do! ok, the count for today: I came home with 12 quilted tops (includes the one from Nancy for the blind, which by the way, is so much better in person.. Thank you Nancy. 16 more tops that need quilting and backings were turned in as well. Can't forget to mention the 3 that are quilted and need the binding and label! Oh, and all the pillowcases...thank you, thank you!! Came home with some nice fabric donations as well.

I don't know if everyone heard me that I'm working on getting more quilts to Hines Hospital and they do have a hospital at Great Lakes as well. I know that you, as well as I, like giving our quilts to local warriors and will do my best to do that.

MaryJane, salads were great---good idea!

And got to mention how well we "play" together!! What a great group and I'm so proud to be a small part of it.

I did get pictures of our visitors picking up their quilts. Thank you Karen for this month's storage. These are pictures Wanda took of the van being loaded with the 50 quilts.

You all are great!!

Rita

No comments: