Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Amazing turnout at the sew-in

WOW, you girls (and Bob) sure do get things done! Yesterday we were filled to capacity again---counted 20 people. Proof that "craziness" does produce though, came home with 29 labeled/finished tops! They are now all in pillowcases and in the shower stall :) If you haven't heard the shower stall story, ask me. That's a lot of pillowcases--speaking of which, we had pillowcase maker, label installers, border makers and quilt backing going on yesterday. I won't forget to mention the few who were piecing tops as well. I have not counted the backings yet, but I will update this post when I do...they're already in the car to hopefully go to some very generous machine quilters. Can't say enough about the machine quilters.

I think next month we will be ready for piecing something new which I believe we will have kits available thanks to Wanda, who what a trooper--comes to a sew-in with a migraine and still manages to get us thru a border demo.

Welcome to the newbies---sure hope you return.
Rita
Update: there were 32 backings put together yesterday! Do you realize that's a little over 115yards of fabric (average 3.6 per quilt).

No comments: