Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Semper Fi Family Platoon



Last night Cheryl and I had the honor of visiting with the Semper Fi Family Platoon in Addison, IL.  This is a group of parents and wives of Marines who are  deployed or will be in the near future. I've added their website to places where our quilts will be going. The conversations that went on  between these very supportive members brought the war closer to me.  Thank you Kathy for inviting us.  They heard of Quilts of Valor when one of their own received a quilt at a Welcoming home ceremony, so they wanted to hear more.  We might have found a new QOV sewing place in the near future!

I was asked to bring along quilts to show.  Well, I threw in a "few" quilts!  In walked some Marines whom I later found out had up to 4 deployments!  Well, the speech turned into a presentation--unbelievable that I had enough quilts.  I'll post pictures when I get them.  This is what it's all about isn't it!

Rita

No comments: