Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Friday, September 6, 2013

Great Lakes Sew In---October 18

Hope you penciled in that last date.  So, new date, and the latest I can go this year, is October 18.  Tentative plans are:  We can arrive as early as 9 and set up.  Our hosts will be by around 11 (ish).  They need full names of all who want to participate so they can get us our passes.  We can meet at my house and car pool if you so wish.  Susie has offered to bring an ironing board, and cutting mat.  I have a large cutting mat as well and will bring an iron.  Maybe we could use another iron or two.  We should all bring rotary cutters, rulers and machines.  IF you have an extra sewing machine you can bring along...fill the bobbins and let's do it!  Pam was saying they have this food service that comes in and we can purchase our lunch...said it was very reasonable.  IF you have any questions, let me know and I'll find out.

Thanks for bearing with us.  As I said, this is our country's Navy and they have a job to do, right!!  I'm all for it.

For those who took original copies of our handout, bringing them to the sew-in is still acceptable.  I will need them the following week for the quilt show in Libertyville.  This is the 2013 Village Quilters of Lake Forest/Lake Bluff Biennial Quilt Show at the Libertyville Sports Center, Firday and Saturday, October 25-26.  Let me know if you'd like to come up and help at the show.

If you get a chance to get to the Madison Sewing Expo this weekend, I'll tell you it was really nice.  Stop by and say hello (and make a block or two) with Karen at the QOV booth.
Rita

No comments: