Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veterans Day!

We weathered the parade today! They have a nice ceremony afterwards which we were able to take in.

I'd like to share a note I received from Mark Krebs, Aurora Central Catholic HS Assistant Principal:
I cannot thank you and your group enough for being here today. The quilts were the highlight of the day. I don’t know how to top that next year. It seemed as if the vets didn’t quite believe that someone would actually spend the time and effort to make a quilt and then give them something like that. I hope the pictures that come out will show the exchanges of the quilts. I would like to see the looks on the faces of the girls in your group and the vets getting the quilts. I am hoping that your group got out of it what they were hoping to get from the chance to hand the vets their quilts. It is indeed a great thing that you all do.
Thank you for giving me a quilt. It will go up in my office. It is a masterpiece. Thank you.
The most important thing to me is that not only did the vets get some appreciation by way of the quilts, but the students saw a bunch of ladies give so freely of their time and effort for the men and women who have served. That is a lesson that I hope will stick with them for a long time.

So, we'll just keep on quilting!
Rita

No comments: