3. Pick a pattern that meets the minimum requirements for a QOV, http://www.qovf.org/content/
4. On January 1st Sit & Sew. Post your progress that day on Yahoo Chat, Facebook, QOVF Blog, your own blog…..wherever you want.
5. When your top is finished, request a volunteer longarmer http://www.qovf.org/
6. After your quilt is finished (bound, labeled, washed & in a presentation case), request a destination http://www.qovf.org/
7. A winner will be drawn for every 13 NYD S&S quilts, which are completed by March 13, 2013, for which a destination is requested. So the sooner you finish your quilt, the better your chance is of winning.
8. Remember that our overseas destinations request red, white & blue, non-gender specific quilts so please keep this in mind when selecting your pattern and fabrics.
I hope many of you will join me in kicking off 2013 by making a New Year's Day Quilt of Valor to provide honor and comfort to a service member touched by war…..