Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another Nice Thank you...

I want to share this thank you note I received this past week:

Dear Rita:

I was hoping to contact you sooner, however, our computer was giving us problems the past few weeks. My name is Patrick Weber. A friend of ours, I'm sure you know, Pat Iozzo, informed me about "Quilts of Valor". I had two nephews in Afghanistan and one friend who is still in Iraq. The soldiers names are Mike Smolucha, Jim Smolucha and Lynnea Cameron. The ladies of the local chapter of Quilts of Valor created quilts for all three of these soldiers. I want to take this opportunity to thank you, Edith Hubbard, Pat Iozzo and all the other ladies who were involved in creating these quilts. Absolutely beautiful! My wife and I would like to make a simple monetary donation to your local chapter. Could you provide us an address and check information to accomplish this?

Since receiving all three quilts I am happy to inform you that both Mike and Jim are back in the states. Lynnea is still in Iraq.
God Bless
Pat and Nancy Weber


AND on a personal note: Thank you so much for your thoughts, many notes, calls and prayers for my brother, Rick, and our family. Rick passed away Friday evening. People have been asking me about the arrangements...all I know as of now is that there is a memorial scheduled for Saturday at the Cross Lutheran Church in Yorkville (Rt 47 and Arendt Rd). I don't have the time yet.
Rita

No comments: