Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sharing a Thank you note

I'd like to share this thank you note that is circulating the QOV people: Deanna, My name is Anthony S. I'm a Sereant Firt Class with 3-509th parachute Infantry Regiment out of Ft. Richardson Alaska. I was serving in Afghanistan when I was shot twice on the 30 april last month. Once on the left leg and once in the right flank which also fractured my hip. I recieved you quilt at Lanstul Germany. I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for that gift. It was a long painful week, and it was nice to know aside from family there are still people out there that care about the military. Afghanistan is bad right now,and anytime I come to the states,the war doesn't even get one minute on the news. I'm a platoon Sergeant and have some of the bravest men I ever have had the privelage of serving with. I have two tours in Iraq and this was my first tour in Afghanistan. So again thank you for your support for the military. Please tell Jaime W. she has my heart felt thanks. I ended up getting my purple heart pinned on by president Obama on the 2nd of may which was a honor,but I enjoyed your quilt more. Thank you for the sacrifice your father and the rest of your family that have served have done for this country. Have a great week. Anthony

No comments: