Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Thursday, May 10, 2012

WWII Vet recipient

I need to share this thank you with you. I'm having trouble uploading the picture and will keep trying. Hi Rita, Dad was thrilled to have the quilt and know the meaning behind it. He underwent brain surgery in February of 2011. Part of his skull was removed because of a brain bleed. Since then he has to wear a helmet to protect his brain. He has a USMC emblem on each side of his helmet. People stop us all the time when we are pushing him in his wheelchair and they say to him “thank you for serving”. It makes my heart so happy for him, and it makes me so proud of my father, but he’s so modest his reply is always the same. “Oh, that’s okay.” We are losing WWII veterans so quickly. How sad. I always make it a point to thank anyone I see in uniform. If it wasn’t for those brave young men and women, where would this country be today? I will send a few pictures of my dad and his new Quilt of Valor, along with my donation. Thank you and everyone at the Quilt of Valor Foundation and God Bless America !!! Barb Fleming

No comments: