Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Market Day Report

Yesterday, we made our debut at Aurora's Farmers Market. On our way there it started to sprinkle and I thought, OH GREAT! But no, we had no rain---no sun, but no rain, and that is a good thing. I might have been able to sell a handwarmer or two.

They had a tent already up for us which was also a step in the right direction. I have nothing to compare it to, but I was pleased. The raffle quilt was a hit with both men and women and didn't have to twist any arms to sign the blocks that will be put into a quilt. I've lived in Aurora all my life and it was so nice to see a lot of familiar faces that I haven't seen in awhile.

So, thank you Aurora for the opportunity to make an awareness that we are making these quilts for our troops! To be among people who see what we are doing and saying it was their "honor" to be signing these blocks is good for the soul! Take an opportunity to work the table on either a Saturday morning or Wednesday afternoon this summer and get your own warm fuzzies.

I also have a report from Vicki on how the Rockford/Beloit area did at their sew in:

The Beloit Ladies of the Land of Lincoln Quilts of Valor met as usual on June 1 (first Wednesday of the month). We had a great group. I think there were 10 ladies and we gained another new member. Welcome Suzie Wendel. I came home with 7 more quilts. As you can see these ladies produce the quilts. We had a great lunch and then back to work. I (the longarm quilter) am working very hard to get caught up. We had a reporter come to visit from the local newspaper and he is going to run a story about our group and Quilts of Valor, maybe we will get some more interest and some donations.
Well done!
Rita

No comments: