Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Catching up

A blog isn't a blog unless you post regular...sorry about that. The weather has cooled and I seem to get another burst of energy. Maybe that "burst" includes some housecleaning.

Not today---today we are cutting and making up some kits. Come on by if you'd like to help. Oh, and I can't wait to tell you about a "guardian angel" who stopped by the booth a few weeks ago and is making labels for our quilts! I have about 20 quilts here waiting for labels as well, so it'll be great getting them done and ready for presentation.

I've told some of you about another possible presentation on Veterans Day at a local high school. Should be hearing more about the program soon. I am waiting on a Mom for another QOV presentation at the Farmers Market as well. This war hero has been back home about three years and never got a quilt. Now, my details on an upcoming Welcome Home ceremony are vague but it's about 8 guys who went overseas together. They lost two. We are supplying quilts for the 6. If you are interested in going to one of these Welcomeyouhome ceremonies, let me know. This one will be a biggy. I believe it's in the Shorewood/Joliet area.

Rita

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Let me know when and where, and I'll go with you. Cheryl