Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Sew In Reminder and watch for shop closing due to weather notice

Well, jury duty is over for the Pennington family!  Did I tell you Gary had it last month and I had it this past week!  Just doing our duty...all part of the "system".

So, we have another sew-in Tuesday at Sewing Etc, in Yorkville.  If you still have unfinished projects, go ahead and bring them along.  I have a few here that ...well, what happens, and I got to work on this, some people will pick up a kit and work on it day of sew-in and turn it in unfinished!  What's bad about that is all sewing machines are different and some of us do "scant" 1/4" seams and some do "generous" 1/4" seams.  I need to "enforce" that we take it home with us whether we're going to finish at home or just bring back to the next sew-in to finish.   AND if you have an unfinished kit or project, it's best not to take another cause nothing like having a QOV UFO plus what we have of our own, right!!  Plus, it gives me an idea of what's out there and what we need to do in regards to making up more kits. 


Another important thing to note:  If the weather is bad, you can check this blog or I'll post on Facebook whether we're cancelling or not or if the shop is going to close.  i.e., Rt 47 does get drives...as well as Orchard Rd. and Randall for that matter. 

So, hope to see you Tuesday.  Stay warm.  I'm going to enjoy the snow from inside!  I should say, I'm planning to...
Rita

No comments: