Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Thank you Les P for your service








  After one weather postponement and the winter holidays, the award occurred on Sunday, 3/12/2017.  My friend Beth accompanied me to this event.  Others present included his wife, his son and daughter-in-law and grandchildren.  The individual who nominated him (a friend who currently lives in California) called after the quilt was awarded since texts and photos sent almost in real time informed family and friends across the country of the occurrence.  

Les served in the Army infantry in Europe during WWII (1944-1946) and was very appreciative of being honored with a Quilt of Valor.
Deb

 

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

How cool! I made that quilt! I almost never see my quilts after I turn them in to be quilted.