Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cut-In Monday, November 14, 10 AM

Just wanted to put in a reminder for the cut-in next Monday. We will be making kits. If you're bringing your Accuquilt Go cutters, bring what die cuts you have (I suggest putting your names on them). Remember to bring along scissors, rotary cutter and rulers. We could use all the help we can get.

Also a reminder, I have plenty of the One Stars from Moda along with patterns if you'd like to put a top together. I have enough flying geese to make another top--it was fun.

Thanks to Dixie, just had an idea.... If you're looking for maybe some Christmas stocking ideas or know of maybe someone who might, we have flannel handwarmers. With some of the donated flannel fabric these handwarmers were made up as a means to raise funds for purchasing fabric. I know I am enjoying sewing with the patriotic colors!

See you Monday! and for some of you, Thursday.
Rita
PS. I just heard of a Home for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton requesting quilts and of 52 members of the Army National Guard home with PTSD requesting quilts as well.

2 comments:

quilter said...

Looks like we have a reason to continue making quilts

Rita P said...

Oh, I hear ya. You know I've seen on TV out in California stories about the homeless vets..right in our own back yard! 60 Minutes just had a show on PTSD this past Sunday--just too much.
Rita