Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Started building your Ark?

Wow, are we ever getting soaked!  My prayer is that we don't lose our power.

Had a nice sew-in on Tuesday.  Would you believe I just finished unpacking!  Had two people start Pat Sloan's pattern, traffic jam.  Can't wait to see those in the patriotic colors!  I'm happy to say that last night I finished the last of the 14 tops that needed labels.  Also some of the ladies are finishing up their string quilts---looking very nice.  I have an idea for our next session of string piecing.  If you get Martingale emails, Stitch This, they have an "amazing strip-quilting design" featuring the book:  Accent on Angles.  Google that title and look!

We're working on a date to do more backings.  I got a donation of batting that are these craft size packages. So, if you can help me tape them to size needed, I would appreciate it.  As you know, Tuesdays work for me, and I believe the next two Tuesdays are free.  So, if it'll work for you, stay tuned.

Also, Paul sent me the photos taken at the sew-in on Saturday in Elgin.  " photos on our BLC website which may be of interest to you.The following link (http://www.blcelgin.org/blce/quilting_party__quilts_of_valor_) will get you there.  I got a real nice thank you from Bill, one of the recipients of a QOV:

I can’t thank you enough for my Quilt Of Valor.  I am very humbled.  As I said in my speech, most personnel, don’t get a chance to meet or thank the people involved with their Quilt of Valor.  We just know that someone, somewhere, cared enough about us to dedicate the time and resources to give us a bit of comfort, warmth and protection.
Rita, I feel very fortunate to have met you, thank you for what you, and those who stand with you, do.  Though I only know her as Nancy G.  of St. Charles, please extend my gratitude to her for the beautiful Quilt of Valor.  While I know that I may never meet her, I will remember her.  Thank you Nancy G.!


I share this thank you with you as I know I couldn't do it without you!  I wrote him and told him there were many hands in making that quilt.  Karen L---look at your applique stars!   Thank you  also for all the help in cutting up our scraps!
Rita

No comments: