Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

She made the news

Cheryl Parker, 50, was at the Quilt and Textile Show in Batavia when she answered 10 questions for the Kane County Chronicle’s Brenda Schory.  
Where did you grow up? San Angelo, Texas
Pets? A Cavalier King Charles spaniel named Katie and an Arkansas hillbilly pound puppy named Padfoot
What kind of dog is that? They don’t have shelters in that area of the Ozarks. Instead, they just have shopkeepers who will put a couple puppies in a pen on their front porch. ... We got her when I went to my family reunion and fell in love with her ... and she is 13 now.
First job? Receptionist at my father’s business
As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I still don’t know
A book you’d recommend? The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Favorite charity? Quilts of Valor, quilts we make for returning veterans.
What game show would you be on? “Family Feud.”
Favorite local restaurant? Chick-fil-A in Batavia. I worked for them in college.
What is an interesting factoid about yourself? I collect antique treadles and sewing machines. I sew quilts on them.

No comments: