Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Memorial Day Presentation (a little early)

On May 23, 2011 I attended the first Memorial Day Program at the Prairie View Assisted Living facility in Winnebago, IL. I was asked to speak about Quilts of Valor and after having found that they had two veterans living in the facility decided this would be an excellent opportunity to promote the program further and to say Thank you to our Veterans.

I delivered my message about Quilts of Valor and Land of Lincoln Quilts of Valor and the reasons for Quilts of Valor and why we do what we do. I closed my presentation by saying we would now be awarding quilts to the two veterans that lived at the facility. The families had been notified in advance so each gentleman had family there to see him receive his quilt.

I awarded quilts to Neil Groves - US Navy serving from 1962 to 1965 and to Chuck Hildebrand who served from April 1948 to April 1952 in the US Navy. Each man was so surprised to receive the quilt and the smiles on their faces made it a most rewarding experience.

I think the other residents of the facility enjoyed the program also and enjoyed see their friends receive the quilts.
Vicki (Beloit/Rockford)

1 comment:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That so neat, Vicki. What an honor.