Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Presentation ---Eric S

I had the privilege of presenting a QOV to Eric S from North Aurora.  I was at a party this past Fall and my friend's son, friend (got that) came to the party as well.  Someone mentioned that he had just recently returned home from deployment.  I thought, dang, wish I had a quilt in the car!  Well, Eric's friends did approach me and requested a quilt for him...of course!!  So, last night we went to his home and he received his QOV in the presence of his family and friends!!  He is returning in March.  God speed, Eric.  I hope to get a picture soon...yeah, imagine that, I forgot my camera.

I also want to mention that we are having an evening sew-in on January 24th.  Just got Bonita's newsletter and you have a further incentive to join us!!  Bonita writes:

Just so you know, I didn’t make up “Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day” but I like it! It was originally the brainchild of the Fabric Shop Network. To show our appreciation for our wonderful and loyal customers, we’re offering a special sale - 10% off everything in the store on January 24 plus free giveaways (while supplies last) AND everyone who stops in (even just to say Hi!) is entered in a drawing for a $100 gift certificate. We’re also hosting an evening Quilts of Valor sew in that night so stop in and help us make some quilt tops for the returning troops! Thanks again for making PSQ Your Favorite Quilt Shop and we’ll see you on the 24th (if not before!).

See you Thursday, January 24th, right!
Rita

PS  I want to note:  Some come to press and/or cut (which is great).  You might want to bring your machine and leave in the car just in case we get enough.   Would you please bring your rotary cutter, ruler and maybe a small mat as well?  Don't need to bring an iron--the 3 that we have has got to be enough cause we need to share the electrical power for our machines!!

No comments: