Thank you!

Thank you!
Thank a Veteran each and every day

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A couple Thank yous

I have some catching up to do.  Didn't, or just couldn't work on that old computer, so, I'll start with a couple thank yous that came to me that I need to pass along:

Dear Rita:

Just wanted to thank you and the ladies for the very nice presentation last Tuesday.  All 3 men were just speechless.  My husband knows how much work goes into making a quilt so he appreciates it from a different level.  When we got home he spread it out on the bed and there it is to stay!!!  He said he thinks he got the best one!!  Well whatever he thinks is OK with me, I thought they were all wonderful.

Again thank you,

Your friend with a needle,
Paulette Marini

and from Bob:

Rita
I was really touched by the presentation of a quilt from your group last Tuesday.

It will always mean a lot to me.

I regret one thing though, I should have asked each lady present to introduce themselves. It
would have put names to each person. What you and they do should be very recognized.

I was 19 years old when we were ambushed and sunk at the mouth of a small river in
Viet Nam. I was wounded and was later given a bronze star for actions on that day, so
long ago and still on my mind.

Thank you and your ladies for what you do for our Vets.

Take care and may God Bless you all.

1 comment:

Caron Carlson said...

Bob, It's freedom that we thank you for. Oh, and the fact that we don't have missiles/rockets overhead---that's another biggy. Thank you for your service
Rita